Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Parade At Lead Lab


This Thursday we are having a parade for the change of command ceremony. This is when the cadet wing commander for our detachment changes command and the new wing commander takes control. Then all of the flights march around the field (it will be Marching Chiefs Field) and salute the Colonel as we go by.

This semester I am once again key personnel. I am an element leader for the flight which means I am one of the first cadets in the line of the flight and I initiate the movements. It is a good position because it allows me to show my marching skills and the cadre sees that I volunteered for the position and stand out.

The past few weeks we have been able to wear our ABUs, which are so nice and comfortable, but this week we have to wear service dress. Talk about the most uncomfortable outfit you will ever wear! It is awful. And its not just uncomfortable it is thick and so when its hot out you practically die. So this Thursday will be AWFUL! And they have shoulder pads….not sexy! :/

Detachment 145

No comments:

Post a Comment